A downloadable prototype for Windows
monsoon is an art/adventure game about two farmers crossing the desert to make it home before the monsoon season arrives!
☀ how to play ☀
- every day starts on the map screen. click on any location marked with an orange "?" to travel there.
- each day, action points can be allocated to different activities: travelling, foraging, and resting. these all affect the characters' stats: health, energy, and hunger. if any of these stats reach zero, the game ends!
- a lot of this prototype is cinematic - you need to allocate at least one action point to move on in the game, but the characters will then travel automatically.
- each evening, the characters set up a camp overnight. here, you can navigate to unlock the next day's map locations.
- navigation works by looking at constellations - each one has multiple images hidden in it; none of them are the "wrong" choice, they just unlock different locations!
☀ p.s. ☀
- this was built as an art-focused project for my university degree!
- monsoon doesn't save; if you quit the game, you'll have to start from day 1 next time you open it. :(
- not all the possible routes are programmed! the prototype is quite small - there are three routes through different terrains that start from the first location.
by liv jeremiah
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.